Teacher Certification in New Hampshire
The American Board can help you change careers and become a teacher in New Hampshire. In December 2004, the New Hampshire Department of Education approved the American Board as a route to full teacher licensure. The New Hampshire Department of Education fully recognizes American Board certification for all school districts and charter schools in the state.
Why Choose The American Board?
The American Board offers a flexible, affordable route to earn your New Hampshire teaching certificate. You can complete our self-paced online program in less than one year, without quitting your job.
The American Board has issued more than 3,500 certifications nationwide to date. An American Board special education teacher was recently featured in the New York Times.
With the American Board, you can earn your New Hampshire teacher certification in a manner that is both cost-effective and efficient. On average, candidates take 8-10 months to complete the program. We provide a variety of resources to help prepare you for exams including online workshops, practice tests, and support from our Candidate Services team. The American Board standard program costs $1995 for initial preparation and testing. Compare this to the cost of an education degree in New Hampshire.
To learn more or enroll, choose your certification area.
- Biology (7-12)
- Elementary Education (K-6)
- English Language Arts (6-12)
- General Science (5-9)
- Mathematics (6-12)
To use the ABCTE program to obtain a teaching certificate in New Hampshire, you will:
1. Complete the ABCTE program
- For Elementary Education only, pass the Foundations of Reading exam through New Hampshire at www.nh.nesinc.com.
2. Obtain a Beginner Educator Certificate
3. Obtain a teaching position
4. Teach full-time for 3 years and be deemed either Effective or Highly Effective for two consecutive years based on the local educator evaluation system
5. Apply for your New Hampshire Experienced Educator Certificate
No event in your area? Interested in finding out more? Check out our pre-recorded Information Session by clicking here.
Click Here to start a webinar and live Q & A. Our Sales agents are available 7 days a week 9:00AM – 12:00AM (EST) via chat to answer your questions and help you enroll.