HOW TO GET YOUR TEACHING CERTIFICATION IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
Interested in teaching in the state of New Hampshire? With a Bachelor’s degree and a desire to make a difference, the American Board can help you achieve your dream.
WHAT MAKES THE AMERICAN BOARD DIFFERENT?
The American Board, also known as The American Board for the Certification of Teacher Excellence (ABCTE), offers a flexible, affordable path to earn your teaching certificate in New Hampshire. You can complete our self-paced program online without quitting your job or taking additional college courses.
The American Board is also extremely cost-efficient. Compare the cost of our program (less than $3000 in most cases) to the cost of taking 25-30 credit hours at a state university and it’s no competition.
Plus, we let candidates complete our teacher preparation program at their own pace. On average, our candidates take 8-10 months to complete the program.
NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE TEACHING REQUIREMENTS
To use a certificate from the American Board for the Certification of Teacher Excellence in the state of New Hampshire, candidates will need to complete the following steps:
1. Complete the ABCTE program
* For Elementary Education only, pass the Foundations of Reading exam
2. Apply to the New Hampshire Department of Education for your state-issued Beginner Educator Certificate
3. Obtain a teaching position in a New Hampshire school
4. Teach full-time for 3 years and be deemed either Effective or Highly Effective for two consecutive years based on the local educator evaluation system
5. Apply for your state-issued New Hampshire Experienced Educator Certificate. This is your permanent teaching certificate that will be renewed throughout your career.
For more information on state teaching requirements, visit the New Hampshire Board of Education’s website or call 603-271-3494.
THE AMERICAN BOARD IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
The New Hampshire Department of Education approved the American Board as a route to full teacher licensure in 2004. The New Hampshire Department of Education fully recognizes American Board certification for all school districts and charter schools in the state. Learn more about our partner districts here.
We offer certifications in a variety of subjects. Choose a subject below to learn more about the requirements to teach that subject:
Select the subject area of your choice above or Enroll Now!
Call 1-877-669-2228 (option 1) to speak with a representative of the American Board for answers to any questions you may have.
To learn more about the American Board program, attend a free information session in your area. See the list of upcoming events here.
No event in your area? Check out our pre-recorded Information Session by clicking here.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.